Finding yourself in a meatloaf rut? Enter: this sweet and savory version. First, we blend ground pork with BBQ seasoning, scallions, and crispy panko breadcrumbs. Next, we form the mixture into mini loaves so everyone gets their own. The pièce de résistance? We swap out the usual ketchup glaze for BBQ sauce that’s laced with smoky chipotle powder and tangy mandarin orange juice. Add sides of cheesy potato wedges and roasted green beans, and your routine meat-and-spuds dinner doesn’t stand a chance.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Sweet and Smoky BBQ Seasoning
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Trim green beans if necessary. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Halve mandarin.
• Toss potatoes on one side of a lightly oiled baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, spread potatoes out across entire sheet.) • Roast on top rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then).
• While potatoes roast, in a large bowl, combine pork*, panko, BBQ Seasoning, scallion whites, ¾ tsp salt (1½ tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of pepper. Form into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4). • In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, a big squeeze of mandarin juice, and chipotle powder to taste. Taste and season with salt; add more mandarin juice and chipotle powder if desired.
• Once potatoes have roasted 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Carefully add green beans to empty side; using tongs, toss with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place meatloaves on same side of sheet as green beans. (For 4 servings, leave potatoes roasting; add meatloaves and green beans to a second, lightly oiled sheet. Roast on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack for 15 minutes (you’ll glaze the meatloaves then).
• Once meatloaves and green beans have roasted 15 minutes, remove sheet from oven. • Push potatoes together so they’re overlapping; sprinkle with Monterey Jack. • Brush tops of meatloaves with 1 TBSP glaze each (save the rest for serving). • Return to oven until meatloaves are cooked through, glaze is tacky, cheese has melted, and beans are tender, 2-3 minutes more.
• Divide meatloaves, potatoes, and green beans between plates. Drizzle meatloaves with any remaining glaze from bowl. Garnish with scallion greens and serve.