We’re big fans of pan sauces because they’re an easy way to add tons of flavor to your dish. Here, lemon juice and zest, garlic, and fresh chives mingle with the fond--the crispy bits and drippings left by the chicken--to create a condiment that you’ll want to drizzle over everything. Speaking of, we’re serving up sides of garlicky mashed potatoes and simply roasted carrots for maximum dinnertime deliciousness.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Tuscan Heat Spice
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Peel and mince half the garlic (you’ll use the remaining half in the next step). Thinly slice chives. Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Zest and quarter lemon; squeeze 1 TBSP juice into a small bowl. Set aside. • 4 SERVINGS: Zest 1 lemon and quarter both. Squeeze 2 TBSP juice into bowl.
• Place potatoes and remaining garlic in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes and garlic to pot. Cover to keep warm.
• While potatoes and garlic cook, toss carrots on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on middle rack until lightly browned and tender, 20-25 minutes. • Toss carrots with half the lemon zest.
• Meanwhile, reserve ½ tsp flour for step 7. On a plate, combine remaining flour, half the Tuscan Heat Spice, salt, and pepper. Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. Press both sides of chicken into flour mixture to coat. • In a measuring cup, combine ¼ cup water, stock concentrate, and reserved lemon juice. • 4 SERVINGS: Reserve 1 tsp flour. Use all the Tuscan Heat Spice and 1/3 cup water.
• Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, tapping off any excess flour first. Cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a plate. • TIP: If pan seems dry when flipping chicken, add another drizzle of oil.
• While chicken cooks, mash potatoes and garlic with sour cream and 1 TBSP butter until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Stir in half the chives; season with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pan used for chicken over medium heat. Add minced garlic, reserved flour, and remaining lemon zest. Cook until fragrant, 20 seconds. Add stock mixture; simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat; season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 TBSP butter. • Divide chicken, potatoes, and carrots between plates. Top chicken with sauce. Garnish with remaining chives. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter.