Lemon Parsley Chicken Paillard
with Balsamic Burrata, Arugula Salad & Toasted Bread
In tonight's dinner, chicken cutlets are pounded extra-thin, cooked in a buttery blend of lemon and parsley, then drizzled in tangy balsamic glaze. On the side, there’s toasty bread and an arugula salad with balsamic tomatoes and burrata mozzarella. Simple, quick, and elegant—you’ll have perfectly cooked paillard in no time flat!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Halve tomatoes lengthwise. Pick parsley leaves from stems; finely chop leaves. Zest and quarter lemon. Halve baguette lengthwise.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred and slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer tomatoes to a large bowl. Toss with ½ tsp balsamic glaze (1 tsp for 4 servings; save the rest for serving), ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4), a pinch of salt, and pepper. Wipe out pan.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; place between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with a mallet or rolling pin until chicken is about ½ inch thick. Season all over with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for tomatoes over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. • Remove from heat. Add lemon zest, half the parsley, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), a large drizzle of olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir until butter melts, then turn chicken to coat. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.
• While chicken rests, place baguette halves, cut sides down, in pan used for chicken over medium heat. (TIP: Move bread around in pan to absorb the pan sauce.) Cook until golden brown and toasted, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board. Season cut sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Halve on a diagonal.
• Add arugula, 1½ TBSP olive oil (3 TBSP for 4 servings), a squeeze of lemon juice (big squeeze for 4), and a big pinch of salt to bowl with tomatoes. Toss to combine.
• Divide chicken, salad, and baguette between plates. Top salad with burrata and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle plate with as much remaining balsamic glaze as you like. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.