Lemon Za’atar Chicken
with Green Goddess Dressing, Turmeric Quinoa, & Honey Roasted Carrots
Za’atar is one of those spices that adds a bit of flare (and a whole lot of flavor) to pretty much any dish. Tonight, it’s dressing up chicken, marinated in a mix of the spice and lemon juice, for a tangy treat. We’re also seasoning quinoa with turmeric and roasted carrots with honey and lemon zest on the side. This meal is about to spice up your life.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Green Herb Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Zest and quarter lemon (for 4 servings, zest one and quarter both). Peel and mince garlic. Trim, peel, and cut carrots into long, thin sticks (ours were 3 inches long and 1⁄3 inch wide). Finely chop parsley and chives.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Add to a medium bowl along with Za’atar Spice, juice from two lemon wedges (four wedges for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. Turn chicken to coat. Set aside to marinate.
• In a small pot, combine 1 cup water (2 cups for 4 servings), stock concentrates, half the garlic, half the turmeric (all for 4), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then stir in quinoa; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until quinoa is tender and liquid has evaporated, 15-20 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While quinoa cooks, toss carrots on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil; season with salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• While carrots roast, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, parsley, chives, juice from remaining lemon, ½ tsp water, and remaining garlic to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: Lower heat if chicken begins to brown too quickly.
• Drizzle roasted carrots with honey and hot sauce to taste. Sprinkle with lemon zest to taste; toss on sheet to coat. TIP: We recommend using tongs here. • Fluff quinoa with a fork and season with salt (we used ¼ tsp; ½ tsp for 4 servings) and pepper. TIP: For extra richness, stir in 1 TBSP butter. • Divide quinoa between plates. Top with lemon za’atar chicken and drizzle with green goddess dressing. Serve honey roasted carrots on the side.