A big bowl of pasta never fails to satisfy—it’s quick, carby, comforting, and our go-to no matter the weather. When you add bites of Italian pork sausage, tender zucchini ribbons, and Parmesan to the equation, you’ve reached another level of deliciousness entirely. Ready to enjoy bite after bite of twirly spaghetti cloaked in this flavor-boosted Bolognese? We thought so.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Pork Sausage
Tuscan Heat Spice
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Trim ends from zucchini. Using a peeler, shave zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons, rotating as you go, until you get to the seedy core; discard core.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water (1 cup for 4 servings), then drain.
• While pasta cooks, remove sausage* from casing; discard casing. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in garlic and Tuscan Heat Spice; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
• Add marinara to pan with sausage mixture, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer until flavors meld and sauce has slightly reduced, 3-4 minutes.
• Add drained spaghetti, ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (½ cup for 4 servings), and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) to pan with sauce. Toss to thoroughly combine. • Separate zucchini ribbons with your hands, then stir into pasta until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until spaghetti is thoroughly coated in sauce.
• Divide pasta between bowls; top with Parmesan and serve.