Savory Ricotta Fritters
over a Spinach & Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Just a sprinkle of cheese on top? Not this time! Thanks to these dinner-worthy ricotta fritters, we’re turning cheese into the main event. Breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and tempura mix combine with ricotta to form a thick batter that's fried pancake-style until golden brown with a creamy center. For the ultimate cheese pairing, the fritters are served over a spinach salad with roasted sweet potatoes and crunchy almonds. Cheese-for-dinner dreams really do come true!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces. Quarter lemon.
• Toss sweet potato on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While sweet potato roasts, in a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, juice from half the lemon, and ½ tsp sugar (¾ tsp for 4 servings). Slowly drizzle in ¼ cup olive oil (½ cup for 4), whisking continuously until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• In a second medium bowl, combine ricotta, panko, Parmesan, half the tempura mix (all for 4 servings), ¼ tsp salt (½ tsp for 4), and a pinch of pepper. Stir in 6 TBSP water (12 TBSP for 4) until thoroughly combined.
• Heat a 1⁄3-inch layer of oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium- high heat. Once oil is hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to pan, add scant 1⁄4-cup scoops of batter and lightly press down with a spatula to form 6 ½-inch-thick fritters (12 for 4 servings). (TIP: Don’t overcrowd the pan; you may need to cook in batches!) Cook until golden brown and crisp, 2-3 minutes per side. • Transfer fritters to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• In a large bowl, toss spinach and sweet potato with as much dressing as you like. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. • Divide salad between bowls. Top with fritters and drizzle with any remaining dressing. Sprinkle with almonds and serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.