Shawarma-Rama Chicken & Kale Salad
with Roasted Veggies, Cucumber & Almonds
Come one, come all to the amazing salad spectacle—the Shawarma-rama! Yes, it’s a nutritious, tasty, hearty-but-not-heavy, all-around satisfying dinner idea. Step right up to this bowl-a-rama of tender kale with earthy-sweet roasted carrots and shallot coated in a creamy shawarma-spiced Caesar-style dressing. Add juicy seared chicken coated in toasted shawarma spices, crisp cucumber, and a shower of crunchy almonds for a never-before-seen flavor-meets-texture extravaganza!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Shawarma Spice Blend
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Fish)
White Wine Vinegar
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim, peel, and quarter shallot lengthwise. Remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite-size pieces. Halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice into half-moons.
• Toss carrots and shallot on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place kale in a large bowl; add a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt. Using your hands, massage kale (similar to how you would knead dough) until leaves are tender, 30-60 seconds.
• Heat a large dry pan over medium heat. Add half the Shawarma Spice Blend and toast, stirring, until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with remaining Shawarma Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: If chicken begins to brown too quickly, lower heat to medium and cover pan. • Transfer to a cutting board.
• While chicken cooks, add dressing, mayonnaise, half the vinegar, 2 TBSP olive oil, and ½ tsp sugar to bowl with toasted Shawarma Spice Blend (use all the vinegar, 4 TBSP olive oil, and 1 tsp sugar for 4 servings). Whisk until smooth; taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • Add roasted veggies, cucumber, ¾ of the shawarma dressing, and half the almonds to bowl with kale; toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Divide salad between bowls and top with chicken. Drizzle with remaining shawarma dressing and sprinkle with remaining almonds. Serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.