Don’t let the name fool you: These meatloaves are nothing like the basic version you grew up eating (sorry, not sorry, mom and dad!). We infused ground beef with scallion and barbecue seasoning, then covered the loaves with a BBQ glaze that’s simply irresistible. Add a side of roasted green beans and potato wedges drizzled with scallion crema, and you may just be calling home to give your parents a cooking lesson!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Sweet and Smoky BBQ Seasoning
• Adjust racks to middle and top positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Wash and dry produce. • Slice potatoes into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Trim and mince scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince garlic. Trim green beans if necessary.
• In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 2 TBSP oil (4 TBSP for 4 servings) and a couple big pinches of salt and pepper until thoroughly coated. • Add potatoes to one side of prepared sheet in a single overlapping layer (for 4, spread potatoes out across entire sheet). TIP: Be sure to shingle the potatoes in a single layer so they cook evenly. • Roast on middle rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then).
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce with ½ tsp chili powder. Taste and season with salt. • In a second large bowl, soak panko with 2 tsp water (4 tsp for 4 servings) until water has absorbed. Add beef*, scallion whites, garlic, BBQ Seasoning, ¼ tsp chili powder (½ tsp for 4), ¾ tsp salt (1½ tsp for 4), and a pinch of pepper. (Be sure to measure the chili powder; we sent more.) • Form into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4). TIP: Wet hands or coat with oil first to prevent sticking.
• Once potatoes have roasted 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Carefully toss green beans on empty side with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Place meatloaves next to green beans. Brush tops of meatloaves with 1 TBSP BBQ glaze each (save the rest for later). (For 4 servings, leave potatoes roasting; add meatloaves and green beans to a second, lightly oiled sheet. Roast on top rack.) • Transfer to top rack; roast for 15 minutes (you’ll finish glazing the meatloaves then).
• Meanwhile, in a second small bowl, combine sour cream with scallion greens to taste (we used half); season with salt and pepper. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Once meatloaves and green beans have roasted 15 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Brush tops of meatloaves with remaining BBQ glaze. • Return to oven until meatloaves are cooked through, glaze is tacky, and veggies are tender, 2-3 minutes more.
• Divide meatloaves, potatoes, and green beans between plates. Drizzle potatoes with scallion crema and serve.