Ah, the humble sheet pan: our weeknight workhorse and fave way to make dinners quick, easy, and downright delicious. We’re talking spiced chicken, strips of poblano, and sliced onion all tossed on a baking sheet and roasted until tender and lightly charred. The joyous jumble is then piled into steamy flour tortillas along with fresh salsa, a drizzle of smoky crema, and a sprinkle of Monterey Jack cheese. Talk about a fiesta on your plate!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsMilk, Soy)
Fajita Spice Blend
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP. Halve, core, and thinly slice poblano into strips. • 4 SERVINGS: Mince a few onion slices until you have ¼ cup.
• Toss sliced onion and poblano on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack for 5 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then).
• While veggies roast, pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with Fajita Spice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and rub to evenly coat.
• Once veggies have roasted 5 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Place chicken on empty side. • Return to oven until chicken is browned and cooked through and veggies are tender and slightly crisp, 15-18 minutes. • Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes. • TIP: If veggies are done before chicken, remove from sheet and continue roasting chicken.
• Meanwhile, dice tomato. Roughly chop cilantro. Quarter lime. • In a small bowl, combine tomato, cilantro, minced onion, and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. Divide between plates. • Thinly slice chicken crosswise. • Serve chicken, veggies, pico de gallo, smoky red pepper crema, lime wedges, and Monterey Jack in separate bowls or plates for a build-your-own fajita bar!