Sheet Pan Sausage & Pepper Flatbreads
with Monterey Jack & Mozzarella
Are you the type of person who only goes to baseball games for that huge Italian hoagie stuffed with sausage and peppers? We’re with you! This week, our chefs took the beloved dish from stadium fare to stellar weeknight dinner with a few delicious twists. First, they dropped the hoagie roll and replaced it with golden, crispy flatbread. They then spread with a rich tomato sauce and topped with sweet roasted pepper slices and savory sausage. Finally, they topped it with two kinds of cheese. Yep, it’s safe to say this dish is a home run.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Long Green Pepper
Italian Pork Sausage
(Contains Wheat, Sesame)
Monterey Jack Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges. Slice top off green pepper; core and deseed, then cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick rings.
• Toss onion and green pepper on a lightly oiled baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Add sausage* to same sheet. (For 4 servings, you may need to divide between 2 sheets; roast on top and middle racks.) • Roast on top rack, flipping halfway through, until veggies are tender and sausage is cooked through, 15-17 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine ¼ cup water and 2 TBSP butter (1⁄3 cup water and 3 TBSP butter for 4 servings). Microwave until water is hot and butter has melted, 1 minute. • Whisk in tomato paste until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
• Once roasted, remove veggies and sausage from baking sheet. Carefully wipe off sheet. Place flatbreads on same sheet. (For 4 servings, divide between 2 sheets; toast on top and middle racks.) • Toast on top rack until golden, 5-7 minutes. • Meanwhile, carefully slice sausage on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces.
• Once flatbreads are toasted, remove sheet from oven. Evenly spread flatbreads with sauce, then top with mozzarella, Monterey Jack, sausage, and veggies. Season with salt and pepper. • Bake until cheese melts and flatbreads are golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
• Allow flatbreads to cool slightly, then slice into pieces. • Divide between plates and serve.