Soy Ginger Beef Tenderloin
with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes, Sesame Green Beans & Scallions
True to its name, this cut is luxuriously tender—a perfect date-night dinner idea. The meat is seared to develop a deep brown crust, then drizzled with a soy-ginger-lemon glaze. Like any great steak dinner, this one’s got sides for days. Potatoes are mashed with the classic profile of horseradish and cream (+ garlic), perfect for catching any extra pan sauce, while scallion-lemon green beans showered with sesame seeds add crisp freshness to this comforting meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Beef Tenderloin Filets
Cream Sauce Base
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Sesame, Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Peel garlic. Trim green beans if necessary. Trim and cut scallions into ½-inch pieces. Zest and quarter lemon. Peel and mince or grate ginger.
• Place potatoes and whole garlic cloves in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain. Return potatoes and garlic to pot; keep covered off heat until ready to use in Step 5.
• Pat beef* dry with paper towels and season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add beef; sear on all sides until browned, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer beef to a baking sheet. Wipe out pan. Roast on middle rack to desired doneness, 10-12 minutes. Transfer beef to a cutting board to rest.
• While beef roasts, heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for beef over high heat. Add green beans and scallions; cook, stirring occasionally, until charred and tender, 6-8 minutes. • Turn off heat. Stir in lemon zest and sesame seeds; season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate; wipe out pan.
• While veggies cook, return pot with potatoes and garlic to stovetop over medium heat. Add cream sauce base, horseradish paste, and cream cheese. Mash until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Cook until warmed through, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted; taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for green beans over medium-high heat. Add ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in sweet soy glaze, juice from half a lemon (whole lemon for 4 servings), and ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4). Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and thoroughly combined, 1-3 minutes. • Turn off heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4).
• Slice beef against the grain. • Divide beef, green beans and scallions, and mashed potatoes between plates. Drizzle beef with as much sauce as you like. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Beef is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°