Spicy Tunisian Bulgur Bowls
with Zucchini, Carrots, Chermoula & Creamy Lemon Sauce
Our chefs have created a bowl that feels restaurant-level but won’t break the bank. It’s loaded with lots of veggies and exciting flavors: sweet and spicy harissa-roasted carrots, zucchini and tomatoes seasoned with an aromatic blend of spices, rich pistachios, and sweet dried apricots. And, of course, you can’t forget the sauces to finish the bowl—there are two!— a bright, herby chermoula and a cooling creamy lemon sauce.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Tunisian Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots into sticks (like fries; ours were 3 inches long and 1⁄3 inch thick). Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, ¼ tsp harissa powder (½ tsp for 4 servings; we sent more), salt, and pepper. TIP: For easy cleanup, line your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine bulgur, stock concentrates, half the garlic powder, 1 cup water (2 cups for 4 servings), a big pinch of salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until water has absorbed and bulgur is tender, 12-15 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While bulgur cooks, finely chop cilantro. Zest and quarter lemon. Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve tomatoes crosswise. Roughly chop pistachios.
• In a small bowl, combine cilantro, 1½ TBSP olive oil (3 TBSP for 4 servings), a squeeze of lemon juice, chili flakes to taste, and as much remaining garlic powder as you like. Season with salt and pepper. • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream and a big pinch of lemon zest. Add water 1 tsp at a time until sauce reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes (6-8 minutes for 4 servings). • Add tomatoes, half the Tunisian Spice Blend (all for 4), and a pinch of salt; cook until tomatoes are slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• Drain any excess water from bulgur if necessary; fluff with a fork. Stir in apricots and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper to taste. • Divide bulgur between bowls and top with roasted carrots and veggies. Top with pistachios. Drizzle with chermoula and lemon sauce. Sprinkle with any remaining chili flakes to taste. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.