Vegan Firecracker Mushroom Rice Bowls
with Roasted Veggies, Scallions & Sesame Seeds
Firecracker sauce is one of our most beloved sauces (and we have a ton of sauces!) It’s sweet, spicy, savory, and really has it all. But it’s never been on the menu for our Fresh Fam vegans…until now! We’ve replaced the mayo in the sauce with a vegan version that’s drizzled over fluffy rice topped with garlicky roasted green beans, caramelized carrots, and meaty soy-glazed mushrooms sautéed with scallions and ginger. To detonate this flavor bomb, the bowl is sprinkled with scallion greens and sesame seeds. BLAM!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Sesame, Soy, Wheat)
Rice Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Toss on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then).
• Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. • Cook, covered, until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, trim green beans if necessary. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Peel and mince or grate ginger until you have 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4 servings). Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens.
• Once carrots have roasted 10 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Carefully toss green beans on empty side of sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Return sheet to top rack and roast until veggies are lightly browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Sriracha (use less if you prefer less heat), 1 TBSP sweet soy glaze, 1 tsp vinegar, and ½ tsp sugar (2 TBSP sweet soy glaze, 2 tsp vinegar, and 1 tsp sugar for 4 servings). (Be sure to measure the vinegar—we sent more!) • Add water 1 tsp at a time until sauce reaches a drizzling consistency. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy, 5-7 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium; stir in minced ginger, scallion whites, garlic powder, and a drizzle of oil. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining sweet soy glaze until mushrooms are evenly coated. Cover to keep warm.
• Fluff rice with a fork; season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls; top with carrots, green beans, and mushrooms in separate sections. Drizzle bowls with firecracker sauce and garnish with scallion greens and sesame seeds. Serve.