Zucchini & Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
with Grape Tomatoes & Parmesan
What’s not to love about risotto? It’s luxurious, comforting, and never fails to satisfy. With a reputation of being labor intensive—ours couldn’t be easier! This version begins as classic as can be, with rich veggie stock and the addition of sweet-tart sun-dried tomatoes. It’s finished with zesty spice-roasted zucchini and grape tomatoes, two perfect contrasts to risotto’s creamy richness. For a finishing touch, everything receives a generous sprinkle of Parmesan.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Heirloom Grape Tomatoes
Tuscan Heat Spice
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Cream Sauce Base
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. • In a medium pot, bring 5 cups water (8 cups for 4 servings) to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. (You’ll use the hot water in Step 4.) • Wash and dry produce. Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve grape tomatoes lengthwise. Halve, peel, and finely dice shallot. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Finely chop sun-dried tomatoes.
• Toss zucchini and grape tomatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, ½ tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (1 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use more Tuscan Heat Spice later.) Roast on middle rack, tossing halfway through, until lightly browned and tender, 14-16 minutes.
• While veggies roast, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until lightly browned and slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. • Add rice, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes; cook, stirring often, until rice is translucent and garlic is fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add 1 cup hot water and stock concentrates to pan with rice mixture. Cook, stirring, until liquid has mostly absorbed. Repeat with remaining water—adding ½ cup at a time and stirring until liquid has absorbed— until rice is al dente and mixture is creamy, 25-30 minutes. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need a little more or a little less water. • Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in cream sauce and ½ tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (1 tsp for 4 servings). Cook, stirring occasionally, until risotto has thickened and cream sauce has absorbed, 2-4 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
• Once risotto is done, remove from heat; stir in half the Parmesan and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted and combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Stir in half the zucchini and grape tomatoes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Divide risotto between plates. Top with remaining zucchini and grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and serve.