No disrespect to the classic chicken Caesar, but this version with kale is truly next-level. We massage the leaves with a simple lemon and olive oil dressing until the greens are tender and full of flavor, then toss with crunchy croutons, rich, salty Parm, tomato wedges, and creamy, tangy Caesar dressing. It’s all topped with slices of herb-seared chicken for a hearty-yet-light-feeling dinner you’re going to want to make again and again.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Caesar Dressing(ContainsEggs, Milk, Fish)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Zest and quarter lemon. Cut tomato into wedges.
• In a small bowl, combine Caesar dressing, sour cream, lemon zest, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with half the Italian Seasoning (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board.
• Meanwhile, remove and discard any large stems from kale. Add to a large bowl along with a large drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a big pinch of salt. • Using your hands, massage kale (similar to how you would knead dough) until leaves are tender, 1 minute. TIP: Don’t skip this step—massaging helps the kale leaves wilt slightly, giving them a tender (never fibrous!) texture.
• Add tomato, Parmesan, croutons, and 2/3 of the dressing (save the rest for serving) to bowl with kale. • Gently toss until coated. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice if desired.
• Divide salad between shallow bowls or plates. • Slice chicken crosswise and arrange over salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.