Chicken is always a dinner winner. It’s satisfying, speedy, and so versatile, which is why our chefs are always brainstorming new ways to take it to the next level. This week, they went all out by drizzling chicken cutlets with a swoon-worthy pan sauce of apricot jam, citrusy ponzu, garlic, ginger, and butter. On the side, there’s aromatic jasmine rice and tender roasted green beans. (Pssst—those sides would be equally delicious with the pan sauce.) You’d be chicken not to try it!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Ponzu Sauce(ContainsFish, Soy, Wheat)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince ginger until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the minced ginger; cook, stirring, until softened, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, toss green beans on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until tender and browned, 10-12 minutes.
• While green beans roast, pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Remove pan from heat to cool slightly.
• Return pan used for chicken to medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil, garlic, and remaining minced ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Add ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), jam, and ponzu. Stir, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until combined and thickened, 3-4 minutes. • Remove pan from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4).
• Fluff rice with a fork. Season with salt to taste. • Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide rice, chicken, and green beans between plates. Drizzle chicken with sauce and serve.