Bang Bang Broccoli Bowls
with Rice, Cucumber Cabbage Slaw & Sesame Seeds
If your Meatless Mondays are getting tired, we’ve got just the veggie bowl to wake them up! You’ll pan-fry tempura battered broccoli to crisp, golden perfection, and serve it over fluffy rice with a tangy, creamy cucumber-cabbage slaw that’s sprinkled with sesame seeds for extra crunch. Our sweet and spicy bang bang sauce is the perfect finishing touch for dipping, dunking, and drizzling to your veggie-loving heart’s content.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces if necessary. Halve lime. Trim, halve and thinly slice cucumber into half-moons.
• In a large bowl, combine tempura batter mix, Fry Seasoning, garlic powder, 1⁄3 cup very cold water, ½ tsp salt, and as much Sriracha as you like (2⁄3 cup water and 1 tsp salt for 4 servings). TIP: If mixture is too thick, add more water 1 TBSP at a time until it reaches a consistency slightly thinner than cake batter. • Place a thin layer of panko on a plate or in a shallow bowl. • Add broccoli to bowl with batter and stir until mostly coated. Working in batches, transfer broccoli to panko and toss until coated, shaking off any excess. TIP: Don’t worry if broccoli isn’t fully coated!
• Heat a ¼-inch layer of oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering and hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to the pan, working in batches, add coated broccoli in a single layer. • Cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides, 1-2 minutes. TIP: Reduce heat to medium if oil gets too hot. • Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Immediately season with salt to taste.
• In a small bowl, combine chili sauce and half the mayonnaise. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Set aside.
• In a second large bowl, combine sesame seeds, remaining mayonnaise, ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings), juice from half the lime (whole lime for 4), and a pinch of salt to taste. • Add coleslaw mix and cucumber; toss until thoroughly coated. Season with salt to taste.
• Divide rice between shallow bowls; top with crispy broccoli and slaw. Serve with bang bang sauce on the side for dipping.