Combining tender meat, crunchy pickled veggies, fresh cilantro, spicy chilies, and creamy spreads, the Vietnamese banh mi is one of our all-time favorite sandwiches. Here, we take all those same flavors and textures and channel them into some seriously delicious tacos. Tangy-sweet chicken is piled into warm tortillas with sautéed carrots, pickled cucumber, cilantro, and sriracha mayo. Taco ’bout an epic dinner!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Breast Strips
Rice Wine Vinegar
Flour Tortillas(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Halve lime. Trim and halve cucumber lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise into half-moons. Finely chop cilantro. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels.
• In a small bowl, combine half the vinegar (you’ll use the rest later), juice from half the lime, ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. • Stir in cucumber. Set aside to quick-pickle.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over mediumhigh heat. Add carrots and cook, stirring, until just tender, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate.
• Heat another drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Stir in sweet soy glaze and remaining vinegar. Bring to a simmer, then immediately turn off heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• In a second small bowl, combine mayonnaise with sriracha to taste. Season with salt. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds. • Divide tortillas between plates and fill with saucy chicken, carrots, pickled cucumber (draining first), and cilantro. Drizzle with sriracha mayo. Cut remaining lime into wedges and serve on the side.