Bourbon in a salad? Sounds crazy, we know. But, don’t worry—you won’t be raiding your liquor cabinet for this meal! Naturally flavored with sea salt, spices, whiskey, and a hint of molasses, Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning brings sweetness and depth of flavor to pan-seared chicken. Softened kale is tossed with roasted carrots, dried cranberries, and crisp apple slices, then topped with sunflower seeds for crunch and a honey dijon drizzle to compliment the spiced bourbon chicken. Trust us—it’s worth a shot!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
Honey Dijon Dressing(ContainsEggs)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until lightly browned and tender, 20-25 minutes. • Let cool for 5 minutes before adding to salad in step 5.
• Meanwhile, remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite- size pieces. Halve, core, and thinly slice half the apple (whole apple for 4 servings).
• Place kale in a large bowl and lightly season with salt. Using your hands, massage kale (similar to how you would knead dough), until leaves are tender, 30-60 seconds. TIP: To make kale even more tender, add a drizzle of olive oil along with the salt before massaging.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side. • Transfer to a cutting board; let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing and adding to salad in step 6.
• Add cranberries, roasted carrots, and sliced apple to bowl with kale. Season with salt and pepper. • Reserve a half packet of honey Dijon dressing (whole packet for 4 servings) in a small bowl for serving. Drizzle salad with remaining honey Dijon dressing to taste; toss to combine.
• Thinly slice chicken crosswise. • Divide salad between bowls and top with chicken. Drizzle with reserved honey Dijon dressing. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve.