Fajita Friday? Yes! And if you agree, you’ve got to add this classic feast to your repertoire. Saucy spiced and sliced chicken and roasted sweet peppers and onions are piled into steamy tortillas with fresh pico, tomatillo salsa, scallion, lime, and a smoky red pepper crema, plus savory tomato rice. These fajitas will have your taste buds celebrating the weekend, even on a weeknight!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Fajita Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Flour Tortillas(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsSoy, Milk)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few pieces until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper. Zest and quarter lime.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a small pot (use a medium pot for 4 servings) over medium-high heat. Add minced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 1-3 minutes. Add half the tomato paste and ½ tsp Fajita Spice Blend (1 tsp for 4); cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Stir in 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4), rice, and a big pinch of salt. • Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and cut crosswise into ½-inch strips. • In a small bowl, whisk together stock concentrate, remaining tomato paste, remaining Fajita Spice Blend, a squeeze of lime juice (a big squeeze for 4 servings), and a large drizzle of oil. • Toss chicken, sliced onion, and bell pepper on a baking sheet with tomato paste mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast on top rack until veggies are browned and chicken is cooked through, 14-17 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
• Meanwhile, finely dice tomato. Trim and thinly slice scallions. • In a medium bowl, combine tomato, scallion whites, half the scallion greens, and a squeeze of lime juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, until warmed.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lime zest. Taste and season with salt and pepper. • Transfer chicken and veggies to a serving bowl. Transfer rice to a separate serving bowl; garnish with remaining scallion greens. Serve family style with tortillas, pico de gallo, green salsa, smoky crema, and remaining lime wedges on the side.