Country Chicken & Honey Butter Biscuits
plus a side of Coleslaw
Craving some down-home-style comfort? We reckon you’ve come to the right place! We’re serving up chicken coated in a mix of panko, Monterey Jack, and bold blackening spices, flaky buttermilk biscuits slathered in honey butter, and a side of creamy coleslaw. The best part, though? Everything comes together in just 35 minutes! Dinner is served, ya’ll.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Monterey Jack Cheese
Pillsbury™ Buttermilk Southern Homestyle Biscuits
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to middle and top positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • In a small bowl, combine panko, Monterey Jack, 1 tsp Blackening Spice (you’ll use more in the next step), and a large drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. • In a separate small bowl, combine mayonnaise and half the garlic powder. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 tsp Blackening Spice in the panko mixture and all the garlic powder with the mayo.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with 1 tsp Blackening Spice (we sent more), salt, and pepper. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. • Spread tops of chicken with 1 tsp garlic mayo each (you’ll use the rest in the next step). Mound with panko mixture, pressing to adhere (no need to coat the undersides). • Roast on middle rack until browned and cooked through, 15-18 minutes (you’ll start the biscuits after 5 minutes). • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 tsp Blackening Spice.
• Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, remaining garlic mayo, ½ tsp sugar, and half the celery salt. Season with pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1 tsp sugar and all the celery salt.
• Place 3 TBSP butter in a third small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until just softened, 10-15 seconds (be careful not to melt). • Stir in honey until combined. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 6 TBSP butter.
• Once chicken has roasted 5 minutes, open tube of biscuits. Separate and place at least 2 inches apart on a second lightly oiled baking sheet. • Bake on top rack until golden brown, 8-11 minutes. • In the last minute of baking, remove sheet from oven; brush tops of biscuits with a thin layer of honey butter. Return to oven until biscuits are cooked through.
• Divide chicken, biscuits, and coleslaw between plates. Serve with remaining honey butter on the side. • TIP: Fighting over the last biscuit? Rock, paper, scissors for it!