Are you the type of person who beelines straight for the stuffing during a holiday dinner? You’re in luck. Here, we’re serving up a quick version that comes together in one pan on the stovetop—meaning you can make it any night of the week. And, because stuffing and cranberry sauce go hand in hand, we drizzle spiced chicken cutlets with a cranberry pan sauce infused with butter, thyme, and tangy mustard. No need to wait for a special occasion when dinner IS the special occasion!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Demi Baguette(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice baguette into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Thinly slice celery. Strip half the thyme leaves (all the leaves for 4 servings) from stems; mince leaves. • In a small bowl, combine half the stock concentrates (you’ll use the rest later) and ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4).
• Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, half the Fry Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later), and a pinch of salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) and a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add baguette and toast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. • Add another drizzle of olive oil to same pan over medium-high heat; add shallot and celery. Cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Stir in 1 tsp minced thyme (2 tsp for 4) and toasted baguette. Pour in stock mixture and stir until liquid is absorbed, 1-2 minutes. (TIP: Prefer a softer stuffing? Add a splash more water after stirring in stock mixture.) Remove pan from heat; cover to keep warm.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with remaining Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a second large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Transfer chicken to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat another drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add remaining minced thyme and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in jam, mustard, remaining stock concentrates, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Simmer until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Remove from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted.
• Divide chicken, carrots, and stuffing between plates. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.