Creamy Lemon-Herb Chicken
with Balsamic-Glazed Brussels Sprouts & Carrots
When life gives you lemons… make a creamy lemon sauce! There’s no happier combo than the bright tang of lemon, mixed with the bold, earthy flavors of classic herbs. Here you’ll try the duo with pork chops seared in Italian seasoning, then covered in a buttery, lemony crème fraîche sauce. On the side, roasted carrots and Brussels sprouts are drizzled in a balsamic glaze for even more tang. It’s so positively delish, you may start hoping life will give you lemons more often!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise (quarter any larger sprouts). Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces (halve any larger carrots lengthwise first). Peel and mince or grate garlic. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Toss Brussels sprouts and carrots on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the Italian Seasoning (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until tender and lightly browned, 20-25 minutes.
• Pat pork dry with paper towels; season all over with remaining Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. TIP: Press pork down with a spatula to ensure even browning. • Turn off heat; transfer pork to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
Swap in chicken for pork; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for pork over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Whisk in 1⁄3 cup water (½ cup for 4 servings), stock concentrate, cream cheese, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Simmer, whisking, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Remove pan from heat. Whisk in crème fraîche, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of lemon zest until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
• Once veggies are done, transfer to a large bowl. Add half the balsamic glaze and toss until evenly coated.
• Slice pork crosswise. • Divide pork and veggies between plates. Spoon sauce over pork and sprinkle with as much remaining lemon zest as you like. Drizzle veggies with as much remaining balsamic glaze as you like and serve.
Slice chicken crosswise.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.