Garden Ranch Chicken
with Cauliflower “Rice” Fritters, Zucchini & Creamy Mushroom Sauce
This low carb dinner feels indulgent and has all the textures and flavor you crave! Here’s the deal: Ranch-spiced chicken, perfectly cooked, then topped with a creamy, tomato-based sauce with a side of sauteed zucchini. The clincher is a cauliflower “rice” and scallion fritter, bound together with a smidge of flour, crisp-fried and ready for crunching–while keeping you off that carb train.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Strain cauliflower rice and pat dry with paper towels. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Dice tomato into ¼-inch pieces.
• In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower rice, scallion whites, and garlic powder. • Stir in flour, ¼ cup cold water (½ cup for 4 servings), ¼ tsp salt (½ tsp for 4), and pepper. (TIP: If mixture is too thick, add more water 1 tsp at a time until it reaches a pancake-batter-like consistency.) Set aside.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with half the Ranch Spice (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook until browned but not cooked through, 1 minute per side. Turn off heat; transfer chicken to one side of a baking sheet. Wipe out pan. • Toss zucchini on the empty side of baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until chicken is cooked through and zucchini is tender and lightly browned, 14-16 minutes.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add tomato; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and juices begin to release, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4 servings). Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 1-3 minutes more. • Turn off heat; stir in cream cheese until melted and smooth. • Transfer sauce to a small microwave-safe bowl; stir in sour cream until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Heat a 1⁄3-inch layer of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering and hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to the pan, add 1½-TBSP scoops of batter to pan; press down lightly with a spoon. Cook until fritters are golden brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side, adding more oil as you cook if necessary. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in batches. • Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• Reheat sauce in the microwave until warmed through, 15-20 seconds. • Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide chicken, zucchini, and fritters between plates. Drizzle chicken with sauce and garnish with scallion greens. Serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.