When it comes to fajitas, we like to think that filling your tortilla is an art form. And, since every culinary masterpiece should have multiple textures, flavors, and colors, this one has it all: charred veggies, sweet and spicy cilantro pineapple pico, and creamy smoky red pepper crema. Plus, no need to stare at the menu and debate the age-old question: steak or chicken? These fajitas have both!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Southwest Spice Blend
Flour Tortillas(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsSoy, Milk)
• Preheat a well-oiled grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Wash and dry produce. • Drain pineapple over a medium bowl, reserving 2 TBSP juice (¼ cup for 4 servings); discard remaining juice. Roughly chop pineapple; place in a small bowl. Add Tex-Mex paste and half the Southwest Spice (you’ll use the rest in the next step) to medium bowl with reserved pineapple juice. (You’ll use this marinade in step 4.) • Pat chicken dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Pat steak dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
• Halve, peel, and slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Halve, core, and slice poblano into strips. Dice tomato. Finely chop cilantro. Quarter lime. • Place sliced onion and poblano in the center of a piece of foil. Drizzle with oil and season with remaining Southwest Spice, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4), salt, and pepper. Cinch into a packet and set aside. • COOKING ALTERNATIVE: Skip the foil packet instructions if not using a grill or grill pan; you’ll cook the onion and poblano in step 4.
• To bowl with chopped pineapple, add minced onion, tomato, half the cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice to taste. Toss to combine. Season with salt.
• Brush chicken all over with marinade (discard any excess). Add chicken and veggie foil packet to one side of grill; add steak to empty side. • Cook chicken until cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. Cook steak to desired doneness. (TIP: We suggest cooking it for 4-8 minutes per side, but grills can vary!) Cook veggies in foil packet until softened, 10-12 minutes; remove. • Transfer chicken and steak to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Season steak with salt. • COOKING ALTERNATIVE: Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook sliced onion and poblano, stirring, until lightly charred, 8-10 minutes. (TIP: Add a splash of water if needed.) Season with remaining Southwest Spice, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Set aside; tent with foil. Add a drizzle of oil to pan. Brush chicken with marinade; cook until cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. Add steak to a second large oiled pan over medium-high heat; cook to desired doneness, 5-7 minutes per side.
• Add tortillas to grill in a single layer. Grill until warmed through, 30-60 seconds per side. • Wrap tortillas in foil to keep warm until ready to serve. • COOKING ALTERNATIVE: Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave until warm and pliable, 30 seconds.
• Slice chicken crosswise. Slice steak against the grain. • Divide tortillas between plates. Fill tortillas with chicken, steak, and veggies. Top with pineapple pico and smoky red pepper crema. Garnish with remaining cilantro. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.