What’s not to love about the classic hoagie (or sub, or grinder, or wedge) filled with savory steak, lightly charred veggies, and melty cheese? We’ll wait. In the meantime, our homage to the classic sando boasts saucy diced steak, a blanket of melty mozz, sautéed onion and bell pepper, and garlic mayo all stuffed inside garlic-butter-brushed baguettes. One bite will have you head over heels.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Long Green Pepper
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Demi Baguette(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Beef Stock Concentrate
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Halve, core, and thinly slice green pepper crosswise into strips.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and crispy, 20-25 minutes. • Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with ¼ tsp garlic powder (add up to ½ tsp if you like; you’ll use more later). Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer to a plate.
• Meanwhile, place 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) and ¼ tsp garlic powder (add more if desired) in a second small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until just softened, 10 seconds. (TIP: Do so in 5-second intervals, checking in between, to avoid melting.) Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine. • Slice baguettes lengthwise, stopping before you get all the way through; spread garlic butter onto cut sides. Place cut sides up on a second baking sheet. • Toast on middle rack of oven until golden, 2-3 minutes.
• Pat diced steak* dry with paper towels; season generously with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in pan used for veggies over high heat. Add steak and Italian Seasoning. Cook, stirring, until steak is browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes. • Reduce heat to low and stir in stock concentrate and 2 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Return cooked veggies to pan; stir to combine.
• Spread bottom halves of garlic buns with half the garlic mayo. Top with steak and veggie mixture, then sprinkle with mozzarella. • Return to oven until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes. • Divide sandos and potatoes between plates. Serve with remaining garlic mayo on the side.