Jammy Red Pepper Chicken
with Lemony Green Beans & Cilantro Rice
Good news, friends: The path to sweet-and-savory dinner bliss is just 25 minutes away! The star of the show is a tangy, citrusy red pepper jam sauce that instantly takes seared chicken cutlets to the next level. Serve that up with lemony green beans and jasmine rice, and you have a simply delectable weeknight meal.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Red Pepper Jam
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Zest and quarter lemon (for 4 servings, zest 1 lemon and quarter both). Pick cilantro leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves. • In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until step 5.
• While rice cooks, trim green beans if necessary. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Transfer to a plate.
• To same pan over medium-high heat, add jam, stock concentrate, mustard, juice from half the lemon (1 whole lemon for 4 servings), and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Season with salt and pepper. • Add chicken and turn to coat.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and half the chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. • Carefully toss green beans with lemon zest to taste.
• Divide rice, chicken, and green beans between plates. Spoon any remaining sauce from pan over chicken and sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.