It’s tough to resist the saucy, tender texture and tangy flavor of BBQ pulled chicken. Here, it stars in sandwiches that come together in just 30 minutes. While you roast a side of potato wedges, you’ll pickle your jalapeño, mix your slaw, and warm your chicken with zesty Southwest spices. Pile it all onto toasted potato buns and serve with smoky red pepper crema for dipping, then dig into sandwich bliss.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Southwest Spice Blend
Smoky Red Pepper Crema(ContainsMilk, Soy)
Potato Buns(ContainsMilk, Soy, Wheat, Eggs)
Pulled Chicken in BBQ Sauce
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Quarter lime. Thinly slice jalapeño into rounds, removing ribs and seeds if you prefer less heat.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, 1 tsp Southwest Spice (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use the remaining Southwest Spice later.) • Roast on top rack until golden brown and crispy, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine jalapeño, juice from half the lime, ¼ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt. • In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, half the smoky red pepper crema (save the rest for serving), and as much remaining lime juice as you like. Season with salt and pepper.
• When potatoes have about 5 minutes remaining, halve buns. • Toast in oven (use a second baking sheet or place directly on oven rack) until golden, 3-5 minutes. TIP: Brush cut sides with melted butter first for extra richness.
• While buns toast, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium heat (use a large pan for 4 servings). Add remaining Southwest Spice and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in BBQ pulled chicken* and as much pickling liquid from jalapeño as you like. (TIP: Careful, it can be spicy!) Stir until warmed through, 2-3 minutes.
• Fill buns with BBQ pulled chicken, slaw, and as much pickled jalapeño as you like (draining first if necessary). Divide between plates and serve with potato wedges, any remaining slaw, and remaining smoky red pepper crema on the side.