Old Bay Buttered-Up Chicken
with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Veggies
Whipping up a compound butter is one of our favorite ways to add big flavor to any dish. Here, we blend the butter with Old Bay Seasoning, then dollop over seared chicken breast for rich, smoky, peppery notes. It’s finished with a scallion pan sauce, then paired with sides of roasted green beans and carrots and creamy, garlicky mashed potatoes. A word to the wise: Try topping your still-warm potatoes with a pat of the butter for a truly epic bite.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
OLD BAY® Seasoning
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Place 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small microwave-safe bowl; bring to room temperature. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Peel garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Trim, peel, and halve carrots lengthwise; slice into green-bean-sized pieces.
• Place potatoes and garlic in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. • Mash potatoes with sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, toss carrots and green beans on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast until veggies are tender, 15-20 minutes. • Meanwhile, to bowl with softened butter, add 1 tsp OLD BAY® Seasoning (taste and add up to half the seasoning if desired; you’ll use the rest in the next step) and hot sauce to taste; mix to combine. TIP: If butter is not softened yet, microwave for 10 seconds.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season with remaining OLD BAY® Seasoning. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook, stirring, until softened, 1 minute. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1/3 cup for 4 servings). Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat and stir in 1 TBSP plain butter.
• If necessary, reheat potatoes with a splash of potato cooking liquid over low heat for 1-2 minutes. • Divide potatoes, chicken, and veggies between plates. Top chicken with pan sauce, then dollop with Old Bay butter. Garnish with scallion greens and serve. TIP: Top potatoes with some of the sauce or Old Bay butter if you like!