Chicken is always a weeknight winner. It’s satisfying, speedy, and so versatile, which is why our chefs are always brainstorming new ways to take it to the next level. This week, they went all out by coating cutlets in paprika, pan-searing them to perfection, then drizzling ‘em with a tangy-sweet, apricot-mustard pan sauce. On the side, there’s roasted potatoes and green beans (both perfect for catching any runaway sauce). Hear that? That’s the sound of the dinner bell!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Zest and quarter lemon. • In a small bowl, combine jam, 1 tsp mustard (be sure to measure—we sent more), and ¼ cup water. • 4 SERVINGS: Adjust racks to top and middle positions. Zest 1 lemon and quarter both. Use all the mustard and 1/3 cup water.
• Toss potatoes on one side of baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack for 15 minutes (you’ll add the green beans then). • 4 SERVINGS: Spread potatoes out across entire sheet.
• Once potatoes have roasted 15 minutes, remove sheet from oven. • Carefully toss green beans on empty side with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Return to top rack until potatoes are crispy and green beans are tender, 12-15 minutes more. • 4 SERVINGS: Leave potatoes roasting and add green beans to a second sheet; roast on middle rack.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with paprika, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. • TIP: If chicken begins to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium.
• Heat pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add jam mixture and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter.
• Toss green beans with lemon zest. • Divide green beans, potatoes, and chicken between plates. Top chicken with sauce. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.