Rosemary Fig Chicken
with Kale & Sweet Potato Jumble
Share an unforgettable at-home date night with this sure-to-impress recipe. Fig jam, cooked down with rosemary and butter, makes a rich, sweet sauce that perfectly complements juicy, seared-then-roasted pork tenderloin. Pair that with earthy roasted sweet potatoes, red onion, and sautéed kale for a hearty and colorful plate; a sweet and fail-proof dinner to tantalize your date’s tastebuds.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch-thick wedges. Remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite-size pieces. Strip rosemary leaves from stems; finely chop leaves until you have ½ tsp (1 tsp for 4).
• Toss sweet potato and onion on one side of a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, spread veggies out across entire sheet.) TIP: For easy cleanup, line sheet with aluminum foil first. • Roast on top rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add the pork then).
• Meanwhile, pat pork dry with paper towels; season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 4-8 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. • Once veggies have roasted 10 minutes, carefully transfer pork to opposite side of sheet. (For 4 servings, leave veggies roasting; add pork to a second sheet and roast on middle rack.) • Roast until pork is cooked through and veggies are browned and tender, 10-12 minutes more. (TIP: If pork is done before veggies, remove from sheet and continue roasting veggies.) Transfer pork to a cutting board to rest.
Swap in chicken for pork; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side (no need to roast!).
• While pork and veggies roast, heat a drizzle of oil in a second large pan over medium heat. Add kale, 2 TBSP water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat (you’ll finish the kale in Step 6).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for pork over medium-high heat. Add chopped rosemary and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium; stir in jam, stock concentrate, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 3-4 minutes. • Remove from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until combined. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: If sauce seems too thick, add a splash of water.
Use pan used for chicken here.
• Transfer roasted sweet potato and onion to pan with kale; toss to combine. Return to medium heat until warmed through, 1-2 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Thinly slice pork crosswise. • Divide veggies between plates; top with pork. Spoon sauce over pork and serve.
Thinly slice chicken crosswise.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.