Slow Cooker Apricot Soy Chicken
2x the delicious servings!
We all know the slow cooker is a game-changer for big-batch, make-ahead, easy-peasy meals. Case in point? This gingery, garlicky chicken with snap peas that bubbles away happily in a sauce made with soy sauce, apricot jam, and Dijon mustard. Serve this savory-sweet sensation over fluffy jasmine rice and watch your hungry crowd devour it—or save it for yourself and eat like a royal all week long!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sugar Snap Peas
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and cut onion into large chunks. Peel and mince or grate ginger. Trim and remove strings from snap peas.
• In a large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together apricot jam, soy sauce, mustard, and cornstarch. Microwave until warmed through, 30 seconds.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. • Place chicken, onion, and ginger into a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in apricot-soy mixture until thoroughly coated. • Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
• Once chicken has cooked 2 hours, transfer to a second large bowl. Using two forks, shred chicken. TIP: You can shred chicken directly in slow cooker, but be careful (it’s hot!). • Return shredded chicken to slow cooker along with snap peas; season with salt. Stir to combine. • Cover slow cooker with lid; cook on high until snap peas are crisp-tender and flavors meld, 20-25 minutes.
• Once you’ve added snap peas to slow cooker, in a large pot, combine rice, 2¼ cups water (4¼ cups for 8 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Fluff rice with a fork and divide between shallow bowls. Top rice with apricot soy chicken and snap peas. Serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.