Sour Cream ‘N’ Onion Chicken
with Broccoli Rice & Roasted Zucchini
Our chefs took inspo from your fave chip flavor for tonight’s chicken dinner. You’ll caramelize onion and mix it into a sour cream, garlic, and butter sauce. That’s draped over tender chicken, then served next to broccoli rice and roasted zucchini. We won’t judge if you add a forkful of sour cream ‘n’ onion sauce to each and every bite!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce (except broccoli rice). • Halve, peel, and finely dice onion. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. • In a small pot, combine rice, half the stock concentrates, ¾ cup water (1½ cups water for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to use in step 6.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 8-10 minutes. TIP: Add a splash of water if onion begins to brown too quickly. • Add ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings) and a splash of water; cook until caramelized, 2-3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Meanwhile, toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until tender and browned, 14-16 minutes. • In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine broccoli rice, half the garlic powder, and 1 tsp salt (use a large bowl and 2 tsp salt for 4 servings). Tightly cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in wrap. Microwave until broccoli rice is soft, 5 minutes. Remove from microwave (the bowl will be hot!) and set aside.
• While zucchini roasts, pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for onion over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest.
• Return same pan to medium-high heat. Stir in ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), remaining stock concentrates, and remaining garlic powder. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Reduce heat to low. Stir in caramelized onion, sour cream, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Season with salt and pepper. TIP: Like a sweeter sauce? Add another pinch of sugar.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in broccoli rice. Season with salt and pepper. TIP: Stir in 1 TBSP butter for an extra luxurious eating experience! • Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide rice, chicken, and zucchini between plates. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with any remaining sauce on the side.