Southwest-Spiced Chicken & Cumin Rice
with Roasted Zucchini, Smoky Crema & Toasted Pepitas
Our chefs created a recipe that’s quick to cook while still capturing the bold, zesty flavors of Southwestern cuisine. Tender spiced chicken is served alongside buttery cumin-infused jasmine rice studded with crunchy toasted pepitas, plus succulent, garlicky roasted zucchini. Drizzle the chicken with a tangy, smoky red pepper crema just before serving to bring it all home for a hearty meal to remember.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Southwest Spice Blend
Smoky Red Pepper Crema
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to middle and top positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince or grate garlic. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Roughly chop cilantro.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. • Stir in rice, cumin, and ¾ cup water (1¼ cups for 4 servings); bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on middle rack, tossing halfway through, 14-16 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a large dry pan over medium-high heat. Add pepitas and toast, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and browned, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with Southwest Spice Blend, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with cilantro. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in pan used for pepitas over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sear until browned, 1-3 minutes per side. Turn off heat. • Transfer chicken to a second baking sheet. (TIP: For easy cleanup, line baking sheet with aluminum foil first.) Roast on top rack until cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
• While chicken and zucchini roast, in a small bowl, combine red pepper crema and sour cream. • Fluff rice with a fork; stir in toasted pepitas and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide rice, chicken, and roasted zucchini between plates. Drizzle chicken with smoky crema and serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.