Boneless and skinless does not mean flavorless, at least not in the hands of our chefs. They’re always brainstorming ways to make “chicken for dinner” a little more awesome. The delicious twist this week: a truly magical pan sauce. Hot honey, lime juice, rich chicken stock, and butter mingle to create a condiment you’ll want to drizzle over everything (and now you can!). Speaking of, we’re serving up cumin-spiced carrots and cilantro lime rice on the side. Get ready for your mind to be blown.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Mike’s Hot Honey®
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Peel and mince garlic. Halve, peel, and mince half the shallot. Zest and quarter lime. Mince cilantro. • 4 SERVINGS: Mince whole shallot. Zest 1 lime and quarter both.
• Toss carrots on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper. • Roast on middle rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Add rice, ¾ cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter and 1½ cups water.
• While rice cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. Turn off heat. • Transfer chicken to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add minced shallot and remaining garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, 30 seconds. • Stir in stock concentrate, half the hot honey (save the rest for serving), 2 TBSP water, and a squeeze of lime juice. Simmer until thick and glossy, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter. Season with salt and more lime juice if desired. • Return chicken to pan and turn to coat in sauce. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 4 TBSP water.
• Fluff rice with a fork. Stir in lime zest and half the cilantro; season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice, chicken, and carrots between plates. Drizzle carrots with remaining hot honey if desired. Sprinkle everything with remaining cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.