Spicy Maple Chicken
with Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Broccoli
Chicken is always a weeknight winner. It’s satisfying, speedy, and so versatile, which is why our chefs are always brainstorming new ways to take it to the next level. This week, they went all out by coating cutlets in spiced panko, roasting them to crispy-juicy perfection, then drizzling ‘em with a spicy maple syrup sauce. (Psst—said sauce would also be unbelievable on pancakes.) On the side, there’s roasted broccoli and mashed potatoes, perfect for catching any runaway sauce. Time to TAP into a flavor explosion (see what we did there?).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. • Pour maple syrup into a small bowl. Stir in a pinch of salt and chili flakes to taste. Set aside.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid (¾ cup for 4 servings), then drain. Return potatoes to pot and mash with half the sour cream (you’ll use the rest later), 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4), salt, and pepper until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Cover pot to keep warm.
• While potatoes cook, place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a second small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 30 seconds. • Stir in panko, Fry Seasoning, 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), and a big pinch of salt.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Lightly oil a baking sheet and place chicken on one side. (For 4 servings, spread chicken out across entire sheet.) Evenly spread remaining sour cream onto tops of chicken; mound with panko mixture, pressing to adhere (no need to coat the undersides). • Roast chicken on middle rack for 5 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then).
• While chicken roasts, toss broccoli in a medium bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Once chicken has roasted 5 minutes, remove sheet from oven and carefully add broccoli to empty side. (For 4 servings, leave chicken roasting and add broccoli to a second sheet; roast on top rack.) • Continue roasting until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender, 15-20 minutes more.
• Divide potatoes, chicken, and broccoli between plates. Drizzle chicken with spicy maple syrup and sprinkle with more chili flakes if desired. Serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165º.