If you love sweet and savory combos, this dish will blow your mind. Thai chili sauce, charred pineapple, and lime and pineapple juices join forces to create an addictively sweet, spicy, tangy glaze for chicken. We pair with roasted carrots, bell pepper, and shallots, plus a side of aromatic ginger-lime rice, and garnish everything with peanuts for crunch. Just one bite and you’ll be living pineapple-y ever after.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and grate or finely mince ginger. Trim, peel, and cut carrot on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper crosswise into strips. Halve, peel, and cut shallot into ½-inch-thick wedges. Zest and quarter lime.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the ginger; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1½ cups water.
• While rice cooks, toss carrot on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt. Roast on top rack for 10 minutes. • Once carrot has roasted 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Add bell pepper and shallot; carefully toss with another drizzle of oil and season with salt. • Roast veggies on top rack until tender and lightly charred, 15 minutes more.
• While veggies roast, drain pineapple, reserving 1 TBSP pineapple juice. • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. • 4 SERVINGS: Reserve 2 TBSP pineapple juice.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add drained pineapple; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred, 3-4 minutes. Stir in remaining ginger; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Turn off heat and stir in chili sauce, reserved pineapple juice, and a squeeze of lime juice until combined. • Return chicken to pan and turn a few times to thoroughly coat.
• Roughly chop cilantro. Toss roasted veggies with half the cilantro. • Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter and lime zest. Season with salt. • Divide rice, veggies, and chicken between plates. Drizzle chicken with any remaining glaze. Finely chop peanuts and sprinkle on top if desired. Garnish with remaining cilantro to taste. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side. • 4 SERVINGS: Stir in 2 TBSP butter.