Tangy Tropical Chicken
with Bell Pepper over Ginger Rice
Another work day, another dinner daydream. You know what we mean. You’re sitting at your desk and 2:00 p.m. rolls around. Suddenly, all you can think is, “Dinner...what the heck am I going to eat for dinner?!” Well, we’ve got you covered, and FYI, the answer to that question is pretty delicious. We’re serving up tender chicken, ginger-infused rice, and sautéed bell pepper and shallot. To finish things off, the veggies are simmered in a life-affirming blend of pineapple, sweet Thai chili sauce, lime juice, and butter. Talk about a dream come true!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice half the shallot; finely chop remaining shallot. Peel and mince or grate ginger. Halve, core, and very thinly slice bell pepper into strips. Zest and quarter lime (for 4 servings, zest 1 lime and quarter both). Roughly chop cilantro.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallot and half the ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat. Transfer to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add sliced shallot and remaining ginger; cook until softened, 2-3 minutes.
• Add pineapple and its juice, chili sauce, and juice from half the lime to pan with veggies. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. TIP: If sauce is too thick, stir in a splash of water. • Turn off heat; stir in half the cilantro and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper.
• Thinly slice chicken crosswise. • Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lime zest and 1 TBSP butter. Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls; top with sliced chicken and saucy veggies. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.