Vegan Curried Roasted Chickpea Bowls
with Carrots, Spiced Basmati & Cilantro Chutney
Loaded bowls have become a staple of our lunch and dinner menus. Why? The customizable combination of carbs, protein, veggies, and a drizzle of a delicious sauce (or two) simply cannot be beat. True to form, this vegan version is everything we’ve been dreaming of. Garlic-ginger rice studded with green peas is topped with extra-crispy curry-spiced chickpeas, roasted veggies, and not one but two sauces: a thick and tangy cilantro and pepper jam chutney, plus a creamy curry made with an aromatic garam masala spice blend. Getting a taste of everything in each bite is the best part of this meal!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Red Pepper Jam
White Wine Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat very dry with paper towels. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces (halve lengthwise first if carrots are on the larger side). Halve, peel, and slice onion into ½-inch-thick wedges; mince a few wedges until you have 2 TBSP (4 TBSP for 4 servings). Peel and mince or grate ginger until you have 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4).
• Toss chickpeas, carrots, and onion wedges on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, curry powder, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until chickpeas are crispy and veggies are tender, 18-22 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add ginger, half the minced onion, ¾ tsp garlic powder, ¾ tsp garam masala, and a big pinch of salt (for 4 servings, use 1½ tsp garlic powder and 1½ tsp garam masala). (You’ll use the rest of the garlic powder and garam masala later.) Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add rice, stock concentrates, and ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Mince cilantro; transfer to a small bowl. • Add red pepper jam, remaining minced onion, remaining garlic powder, 1 TBSP olive oil, and ½ TBSP vinegar (2 TBSP olive oil and 1 TBSP vinegar for 4 servings) to bowl. • Stir to combine; season with salt and pepper.
• In a second small bowl, combine mayonnaise, remaining garam masala, ½ tsp vinegar (1 tsp for 4 servings), and ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4). (Be sure to measure the vinegar—we sent more!) • Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in peas and a drizzle of olive oil. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. • Divide rice and peas between bowls; top with chickpeas and veggies. Drizzle with chutney and curry sauce. Serve.