Vegan Mushroom & Soy Ramen
with Crispy Fried Onions
Our chefs are obsessed with ramen—and no, we don’t mean the instant variety. We’re talking about that soul-stirring combination of rich miso broth, ginger-soy mushrooms, and a tangle of chewy noodles. For this veggie-centric version, each bowl is topped with crispy fried onions, scallion greens, and as much (or little!) Sriracha as your heart desires.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Pho Stock Concentrate
Miso Sauce Concentrate
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Crispy Fried Onions
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince ginger. Peel and mince garlic. Trim and quarter mushrooms. (Skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!)
• Once water is boiling, add noodles to pot. Cook, stirring, until just softened, 1-2 minutes. • Drain and rinse noodles under cold water for at least 30 seconds, then toss with a drizzle of oil.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pot used for noodles over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, ginger, and half the garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
• Stir 3 cups water (6 cups for 4 servings), hoisin, miso sauce concentrates, and veggie pho stock concentrates into pot with aromatics. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. TIP: Taste broth and season with salt if desired. • Simmer, covered, until ready to serve.
• While broth simmers, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, remaining garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 6-8 minutes. • Add soy sauce; stir to coat.
• Divide noodles between large soup bowls. Pour broth over noodles. Top each bowl with mushroom mixture and any remaining sauce from pan. • Sprinkle with scallion greens and drizzle with Sriracha to taste. Garnish with a few crispy onions and serve. TIP: Don’t add all the crispy onions just yet! Add more as you eat to keep them crispy.