Chicken Over Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti
with Tuscan Roasted Tomatoes
Love chicken alfredo? Then you’ll adore this dreamy dish. It’s a sophisticated riff on the classic with tons more flavor infused into every bite. There’s Tuscan-spiced chicken, oven-roasted garlic and tomatoes, and al dente spaghetti all coated in a creamy, cheesy sauce. It’s one of those hearty, soul-warming dishes that’s sure to put a smile on any pasta-lover’s face.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Cut each tomato into six wedges. Peel garlic; place in the center of a small piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cinch into a packet.
• Place tomatoes skin sides down on a lightly oiled, foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with 1 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use more Tuscan Heat Spice later.) Place garlic foil packet on same sheet. • Roast on middle rack until tomatoes have wilted slightly and garlic is softened, 20-25 minutes.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ¾ cup pasta cooking water (1½ cups for 4 servings), then drain. Keep empty pot handy for step 5.
• While pasta cooks, pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season with 1 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use the rest of the Tuscan Heat Spice in the next step.) • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; cover to keep warm. TIP: If your pan doesn’t have a lid, loosely cover with aluminum foil.
• Once garlic is done roasting, carefully open foil and mash with a fork. • Melt 1 TBSP butter in pot used for pasta over medium heat. Add mashed garlic and remaining Tuscan Heat Spice. • Stir in cream cheese, half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving), 2⁄3 cup reserved pasta cooking water (1 cup for 4 servings), and 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4) until melted and combined. • Turn off heat; season with salt and pepper.
• Add drained spaghetti to pot with sauce; toss to thoroughly combine. (TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce.) Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer chicken to a cutting board; slice crosswise. • Divide pasta between bowls. Top with chicken and roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and serve.