Citrus & Spice Marinated Chicken
with Roasted Carrots, Apricot Cilantro Couscous & Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Making a quick marinade is one of our favorite ways for taking chicken dinners from ordinary to extraordinary—it not only infuses the meat with tons of flavor, but also tenderizes it for mouthwatering texture. This easy version comes together with orange and lemon juice for brightness, plus an aromatic Tunisian spice blend for warming notes. Once the chicken soaks up all that deliciousness, it’s seared, drizzled with a tangy pan sauce, and served over apricot-studded couscous with a creamy garlic yogurt sauce. Ready to MEAT your match?
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tunisian Spice Blend
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Zest and quarter lemon. Zest and halve orange. Roughly chop cilantro. • In a small bowl, combine yogurt with a pinch of garlic to taste. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest, orange zest, juice from half the lemon, juice from half the orange, half the Tunisian Spice, 2 TBSP olive oil, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, use all the Tunisian Spice, 4 TBSP olive oil, 2 tsp sugar, and 2 tsp salt.) • Pat chicken* dry with paper towels, then add to bowl with marinade; turn a few times to coat. Set aside to marinate.
• Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While carrots roast, melt 1 TBSP butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add remaining garlic; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. • Stir in couscous, half the stock concentrates, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until couscous is tender, 6-8 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, heat a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium heat. TIP: Medium heat is key in preventing the marinade from burning. If chicken begins to brown too quickly, lower heat. • Remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Add chicken to pan and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a plate. Wash out pan.
• Return same pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining stock concentrates, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), juice from remaining orange, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ½ tsp sugar. Bring to a boil, then simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat. Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff couscous with a fork; stir in apricots and half the cilantro; season with salt and pepper. • Divide couscous, carrots, and chicken between plates. Spoon pan sauce over chicken. Drizzle with garlic yogurt sauce. Garnish everything with remaining cilantro. Slice any remaining lemon into wedges and serve on the side.