It’s the simple things, isn’t it? The smell after a spring rain, a cozy nap on the couch, and a perfect tuna sandwich. Complicated? No. Profoundly satisfying? Yes! Between these two lucky slices of sourdough bread is tuna mixed with crunchy celery, chopped pickle, and a dollop of creamy mayo. You’ll serve your sandwich with a green side salad tossed in a tangy honey Dijon dressing for a simple pleasure that’s ready in just 10 minutes.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sourdough Bread(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sliced Dill Pickle
Honey Dijon Dressing(ContainsEggs)
• Toast bread until golden brown.
• Wash and dry produce.
• Finely dice half the celery. Finely chop half the pickle (use all the celery and all the pickle for 4 servings). Trim and discard root end from lettuce; separate leaves. Reserve a whole leaf for each sandwich; chop the rest into bite-size pieces.
• Open and drain tuna, squeezing out any excess liquid.
• In a medium bowl; combine tuna, diced celery, mayonnaise, a big pinch of salt, pepper, and as much chopped pickle as you like.
• In a large bowl, toss together chopped lettuce, honey Dijon dressing, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
• On a cutting board, spread tuna mixture on half the bread slices. Top with a lettuce leaf and remaining bread slices; halve sandwiches on a diagonal.
• Divide sandwiches between plates. Serve with salad on the side.