Creamy Garden Herb Chicken
with Roasted Carrots & Green Beans
You’re about to create so much flavor in so little time—congratulations! First, you’ll coat chicken in our herby, tangy ranch spice and sear in a hot pan for crispy edges. Meanwhile, you’re roasting green beans and carrots until tender and lightly caramelized. And here’s the kicker: a quick pan sauce! Garlic, sour cream, lemon zest, and butter come together harmoniously in mere minutes. You’ll spoon that savory sauce over the chicken and serve with lots of wholesome crisp-tender veggies for a tasty meal that comes together in a flash!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces (halve carrots lengthwise if they’re on the larger side). Trim green beans if necessary. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Toss carrots on one side of a baking sheet with 1 tsp Ranch Spice (2 tsp for 4 servings), a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (You’ll use the rest of the Ranch Spice in the next step.) • Roast on top rack for 10 minutes (you’ll add more to the sheet then).
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with remaining Ranch Spice, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 6-8 minutes per side. Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest. Wipe out pan.
• Once carrots have roasted 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven. Carefully toss green beans on opposite side of sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Return sheet to top rack and roast until carrots are browned and green beans are tender, 12-15 minutes more.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for chicken over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Whisk in stock concentrate, cream cheese, a squeeze of lemon juice, and 1⁄3 cup water (½ cup for 4 servings). Cook, whisking, until thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Remove pan from heat. Whisk in sour cream, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of lemon zest until butter is melted and sauce is combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide chicken, carrots, and green beans between plates. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.