with Lemony Roasted Carrots, Biscuits & Garlic Thyme Butter
Is there anything better than tender chicken with a crunchy topping? How about chicken cutlets that are coated in tangy honey Dijon dressing, then crusted in a mixture of crushed pecans, panko, fresh thyme, and butter? (To be honest, we’d eat anything with that sprinkled on top!) The topping turns toasty and crispy in the oven as the chicken cooks to juicy perfection. As if that weren’t enough, on the side, we’re also serving up lemony roasted carrots, flaky buttermilk biscuits, and a rich garlic thyme compound butter. You really can have it all!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Honey Dijon Dressing
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces; halve any large pieces. Zest and quarter lemon. Strip thyme leaves from stems; mince leaves until you have 1½ tsp (3 tsp for 4 servings).
• Finely chop pecans or crush in bag with a heavy-bottomed pan or rolling pin. • Place 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 45 seconds. • Stir in pecans, panko, and 1 tsp chopped thyme (2 tsp for 4). Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with ¾ tsp garlic powder (1½ tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (You’ll use the remaining garlic powder later.) • Place chicken on one side of a baking sheet. Spread each piece with 1 tsp Honey Dijon Dressing (save the rest for serving). Mound with panko mixture, pressing firmly to adhere (no need to coat the undersides).
• Toss carrots on opposite side of sheet from chicken with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, add carrots to a second sheet; roast chicken on top rack and carrots on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack for 12 minutes (you’ll start the biscuits then).
• Meanwhile, remove biscuits from package. Separate biscuits; place at least 2 inches apart on a second lightly oiled baking sheet. (For 4 servings, carefully add biscuits to sheet with chicken.) • Once chicken has roasted 12 minutes, add biscuits to middle rack. Bake until biscuits and chicken are golden brown and cooked through and carrots are tender, 8-11 minutes. TIP: If chicken is done before carrots, remove from sheet and continue roasting carrots.
• Meanwhile, place 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until just softened, 10-15 seconds. • Stir in remaining garlic powder and chopped thyme; season with salt and pepper.
• Carefully toss roasted carrots with lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice. • Divide carrots, chicken, biscuits, and garlic thyme butter between plates. Drizzle chicken with remaining Honey Dijon Dressing. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.