T-Pain’s Spicy Garlic Chicken Sandwiches
with Hot Like the Tropics Pineapple Slaw
If you’re feeling like you want to get On a Boat to the tropics to live the Good Life, it’s lucky for you that T-Pain got on board with his limited-edition twist on a spicy chicken sandwich! Garlic butter-brushed brioche buns are piled high with spicy, tangy shredded chicken tossed with hot sauce. Loaded on top are tomato slices and a savory-sweet pineapple-lime cabbage slaw for crisp, cool contrast. Add a little more garlic butter on top and extra slaw on the side to round out this twisty, fiery number.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Frank's Hot Sauce
(Contains Milk, Eggs, Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Drain pineapple, then roughly chop. Zest and halve lime. Grate garlic into a small microwave-safe bowl. Thinly slice tomato into rounds; season with salt and pepper.
• In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, chopped pineapple, mayonnaise, ¼ tsp sugar, juice from half the lime, and a pinch of lime zest (use ½ tsp sugar, juice from whole lime, and a big pinch of lime zest for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with half the paprika, half the chili powder, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Transfer chicken to a large bowl. Once cool enough to handle, shred chicken using 2 forks.
• Meanwhile, place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a second large microwave-safe bowl; microwave until butter has melted, 30-60 seconds. • Add Frank’s hot sauce, remaining paprika, and remaining chili powder to bowl with melted butter; stir to combine. • Add shredded chicken to bowl with spicy sauce; toss until coated.
• Halve and toast buns. • Add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to bowl with garlic. Microwave until butter has melted, 30-60 seconds. Stir to combine.
• Brush bottom buns with half the garlic butter and fill with spicy chicken. Top with seasoned tomato and close sandwiches. Brush outsides of top buns with remaining garlic butter.
• Divide spicy garlic chicken sandwiches and Hot Like the Tropics pineapple slaw between plates. Serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.