Sweet ’n’ Spicy Apricot Chicken
with Green Beans & Garlic Rice
This chicken dinner is a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and all around tasty! Juicy chicken cutlets are drizzled with a tangy sauce of apricot jam, ponzu sauce, Sriracha, and butter. On the side, there’s fluffy, aromatic garlic rice, plus tender roasted green beans. Fruity flavor with a dash of heat? This combo can’t be beat!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Fish, Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince or grate garlic. Trim green beans if necessary.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Stir in rice, 3⁄4 cup water (1 1⁄2 cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, toss green beans on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• While green beans roast, pat chicken* dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: If chicken cutlets are on the thicker side, reduce heat to medium and cover; cook 5-7 minutes on second side. • Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest.
• Add jam, ponzu, Sriracha, and 1⁄4 cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings) to same pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until thickened, 1-3 minutes. TIP: If sauce seems too thick, stir in more water 1 tsp at a time. • Turn off heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Slice chicken crosswise on a diagonal. • Divide chicken, green beans, and rice between plates. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.