We can see it now: Apricot spiced with sumac is going to be your new flavor obsession. No, we’re not clairvoyant! We just know the combination of sweet apricot jam + the tart punch of this Middle Eastern spice = a sauce for chicken that’s simply irresistible. The rest of this meal is a vision in itself. Lemony bulgur is topped with roasted zucchini, chili-kissed onion, and sliced almonds. You don’t need a crystal ball to know that the future looks bright!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Sliced Almonds(ContainsTree Nuts)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick half- moons. Halve, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch wedges. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Toss zucchini and onion on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, chili powder, salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until tender and browned, 14-16 minutes.
• While veggies roast, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in bulgur, one of the stock concentrates (two for 4 servings), 1 cup water (2 cups for 4), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until water has absorbed and bulgur is tender, 12-15 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: Lower heat if chicken begins to brown too quickly. • Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a plate to rest. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in jam, remaining stock concentrate, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Reduce heat to low. Stir in sumac, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4), and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
• Return chicken (and any resting juices) to pan with sauce; turn to coat. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; thinly slice crosswise. • Drain any excess water from bulgur if necessary; fluff with a fork. Stir in lemon zest and a big squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add half the veggies to pot with bulgur and stir to combine. • Divide bulgur mixture between bowls; top with chicken and remaining veggies. Spoon any remaining sauce from pan over chicken. Garnish with almonds and serve.